What exactly am I doing?
I ask myself this question far too often. Although I'm enjoying the ride, what am I doing? And am I supposed to be taking life seriously yet? When does time run out and I have to proclaim "This is what I'm doing. This is who I am"?
And still - I have no idea what I will be doing in six months. It's like there is this black void that appears after graduation and somehow I am supposed to fill it.
I applied to the Peace Corps - either out of desperation or to prove something. I've received mixed reviews. Mostly positive, but some are just candid reactions that seem...confused?
"Send me a postcard"
"Better you than me"
"So...is that something you want to do?"
"27 months? That's like 2 years of your life!"
"Good bye, good luck"
"Are they going to send you somewhere tropical? I've always wanted to live on the beach"
To these responses, I simply raise an eyebrow and smile cordially.
Let's see what happens...
No comments:
Post a Comment