So, when I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, it was actually a train coming right toward me. I duck-and-covered and the result has caused me to back-track a bit. It turns out, this medical clearance has allowed me to find secret malfunctions in my body.
For instance, I had infiltrates in my eyes. I never knew this. But I was having issues with my eyes and when I went to a doctor, she told me it was allergies. When I went to the specialist to get my medical clearance, I found out something different. "Nope, it's dry pockets on the eye and if left untreated, would require steroid drops to clear up."
Also, I have had a kidney infection for several months. I had no idea.
And, not to mention, those horrible wisdom teeth have got to go.
So, with this knowledge, I cannot send off my medical clearance paperwork until I am healthy. I just want this all to be over with! I'm getting impatient.
I guess they think that if you can survive going through all red tape, jumping through hoops, being poked, prodded and tested over and over again, then you can out-run a lion. And therefore, my friend, you are selected for Peace Corps service.
Key part of being in the Peace Corps: Keep your patience. Nothing ever goes as planned. (Everyone keeps telling me this...)
No comments:
Post a Comment