After several hours at the VA medical center, I finally got my polio booster vaccine. I skipped down the hall, ran to my car (not out of excitement - more out of worry that I had gotten a ticket in my two hour parking spot) and pulled up to work 3 hours late.
It still hasn't hit me yet. That polio shot - that one little prick - was all I needed to complete my form (as well as a few signatures and a lab report or two) but it's done!
I am done being poked and prodded. I have peed in far too many cups (it got pretty bad...to the point where once I saw a Dixie cup, I had the urge to urinate). I have been weighed, measured, dissected, probed and tested to the greatest extent. Game over!
I have dotted my last i and crossed the last t (after signing my name to a waiver) and now it's time.
Oh boy, it feels good!
No comments:
Post a Comment