Saturday, June 12, 2010

Possible Living Situations

An example of where I could be living...I found this YouTube video and found it very informative:



Okay, now here is another example of where I could be living...



Now, let's discuss.

To be honest, I was excited to see the first video. I was like, What?! A stove? That's incredible! I found the house to be plenty big enough and actually structurally gorgeous. I would be completely satisfied.

The second video I watched and I knew I would not feel like I'm in the Peace Corps if I lived there. I understand that the guy didn't ask for any of the amenities and I know I would feel similarly to the way he did. I don't feel like I deserve a fabulous apartment.

I really have no idea what my situation will be like, but I do know that I would be completely satisfied with whatever the Peace Corps gives me.  I am not anticipating anything, I am just accepting of the "worst case scenario".  I am glad that I have come to this conclusion. Also, I am glad that I am educating myself (to the best of my ability) so that I'm not going into this blindly. Still - I have a million questions that probably won't be answered by YouTube videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment