Friday, June 11, 2010

Too good to be true...

My uncle bellowed my name as he walked up the stairs, "Kiddo, it's official Peace Corps business, I think it's your invitation!"


What?! How could this be possible? Already? Oh good, good, goody!

But as soon as I opened that thick envelope, I recognized the yellow folder containing my dental x-rays. My heart sank.

"Nope, just telling me that I do indeed need to get my wisdom teeth out." I shook my head sadly, but really, could I expect the invitation after only submitting my clearance paperwork a week ago?

The good news is that this does not hold me back from getting my invitation. As long as I have the surgery done prior to my departure date, I am fine.  It will, however, hold me back from getting my plane tickets, but I'm not too worried about that - February is still a few months away.

So, yes, I'm looking into cheap oral surgeons. My dad says that is an awful idea, but hey, he's not paying back his student loans with a part-time income. Maybe the VA will do it for free? Cross your fingers, I have another obstacle to tackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment