Great news!
My friend Linda (who is from Chicago and met up with my fellow UMD students to go to the Pine Ridge Rez in South Dakota for an alternative spring break trip) recently let me in on a little tid-bit. She has been keeping up with my Peace Corps blog (which, essentially is me whining about having to be patient and the price of health care - sorry for that!) and she told me that her doc let her in on a secret about the healthcare bill: I will finally be able to be back on my dad's insurance in September (if all goes well)!
I'm very excited about this. Although I feel like I have been to the doctor 3 times as often as I usually go. Ever since I turned 23 and got kicked off dad's insurance, I swear I got strep throat twice, a kidney infection, sinus headaches, allergies (I never had allergies in my life!), infiltrates in my eyes, an entire medical/dental/vision clearance to pass etc. within months. Ridiculous how that works. I never went to the doc when I had health insurance!
And now, the worst has come: my wisdom teeth extraction! But, with this great news from Linda, I think I'm going to hold out until September when I should be back on dad's insurance and BAM! I don't have to go to a dental school and have first year dental students practice on me! Oh, happy day!
Which comes to another point I would like to address:
Networking is the coolest thing ever! But, even cooler is the fact that I have met some really awesome people on my journeys over the years. So incredible, they still look out for me when I haven't seen them in nearly two years! Thanks, Linda! Seriously, for keeping up with me and for looking out when I've been under the greatest stress...thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment