Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have no patience for timelines

The average wait-time for an invitation from the Peace Corps is between 3 and 9 months from the submission of your required medical clearance. I sent mine June 2nd, so I can't really expect to hear anything until September 2010 - March 2011. And even then, I would not be leaving until 1 -7 months after I receive the invitiation. So there is the possibility that I would be leaving sometime in October 2011.

I'm still breathing, so that's good. I'm more anxious than ever to have an idea of what's going to happen in the next few months. I'm a planner and waiting in limbo is not something I handle well at all.

1 comment:

  1. It will happen when it happens. That day will come all too soon, and then everything will be set into motion. I know it feels like nothing is happening, like we're all standing still at this moment..

    Just you wait - You'll be off saving the world before you know it.

    ReplyDelete