Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I have a plan...or a semblence of a plan...hear me out!


I have decided to set my journal to automatic updates on Sundays beacuse a) I don't want you to get sick of me or Malawi by reading huge lump sums of my life and b) I don't have access except maybe once or twice a month so I will just add these to the queue. I am such a nerd, I know, but I love having structure in my life and right now there is absolutely no structure and I want you to know what I'm doing and I don't want you to forget me. So, please check my journal on Sundays - and occasionally I will add things throughout the week when I get to an internet cafe that isn't closed because the owner decided to go to Nkhata Bay for a swim. Cool.

For the record, all is well. Time is not even a concept - I can't believe I've been here over three months! My cooking skills are improving significantly - a fire is no match for me. Although I have yet to properly start my charcoal stove (yes, bad for the environment, but this girl has got to eat and on the cheap - firewood is much more expensive than charcoal). I have been making small improvements to my house - it's starting to feel like a home - my home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment