Saturday, June 04, 2011

3 months in...

Well, hello, stranger. Haven't seen you in a while.
As you may realize, Internet is not so readily available in my life. I can't update you about all my health problems or tell you every little thought going on in my head. You're bummed, I can tell.
But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I received not one - but two - journals to document my adventures prior to my departure. I must say, good purchase Dee and Maria - thank you! Since getting to the nearest Internet cafe involves me riding on a hot, smelly mini-bus (that seats 15 but somehow crams 25 people) for an hour next to a puking baby with a rooster on my lap, I will probably go into town on a limited basis, but I do hope to keep you updated - I'm sure you are all so fascinated.  
Please note two important ways to communicate with me:
My digits: +265992130221
Use Skype - it's cheap - I can receive text messages from Skype, also - I cannot receive text messages directly from your cell phone, though.
My new address (you can still use the Lilongwe address, however, I rarely go to Lilongwe and there seems to be a delay in the postal service there):
Kathi Ackerman
P.O. Box 99
Chintheche
Malawi
Do not feel obligated to send me anything, but it is nice to get mail.
I can't believe I have been here for three months already! I can't wait to show you pictures - this may take a while, so don't hold your breath. Without further ado, I give you journal excerpts from the past few months - or as many as I could type before my computer ran out of battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment