Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ok, good-bye!

First of all, I'm so excited about all these awesome people going to Malawi with me - really, truly cool people.

Secondly, I didn't realize Philadelphia was so cool (cool people in a cool town? can't get much better than that) - I love the Terminal Market - barrels of pickles?! Are you kidding me?! Best day ever. Renee and I were psyched for pickles and even daydreamed about them all during the session this afternoon. And the pretzels...oh boy, don't get me started! We went to McGillans (the oldest bar in Philly) for dinner and drinks and it was superb.

The last supper consisted of Mexican from a pretty swanky Mexican restaurant that was BYOT (bring your own tequila) and we shared a pitcher or two of margaritas before our Malawian adventure.

But now the day is winding down, I'm in the U.S. for less than 12 hours before I leave for Malawi.  It hasn't quite hit me yet. I've re-packed once again and I'm about to take the longest last hot shower before the dirt and grime of 27 months accumulates on my body. Nice.

Passport (check)
Plane Ticket (check)
Yellow Fever Shot (check)

Ok, let's go! 2am will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment