My last day of work was a sad one. I have worked with the most wonderful women for the past three years and to be honest it has been the best job I could ask for. They threw me a going-away party filled with delicious Tandoori chicken and lots of gear for my trip - including luggage, which I was desperately needing.
I gave a year and a half notice that I would be leaving for the Peace Corps someday and they were always so supportive: inspiring me to take the first step in applying for the Peace Corps, writing recommendation letters to get me in, changing my hours so I could get my medical clearance completed and, of course, offering up words of wisdom and encouragement.
As much as I will miss these ladies, I'm definitely looking forward to not sitting behind the desk anymore - let's pack this luggage and start some adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment