Here I am in Philly after an adventure and a half at the airport. Luckily, no one weighed my luggage so I cleared that hurdle. However, I still have to get through JFK on Saturday morning...it's going to be cutting it close!
I have one medium size suitcase, a carry-on suitcase, a big ol' hiking backpack and a small backpack (carry-on) and my limbs hurt already. My fingers actually tingle because they aren't getting circulation.
So tonight I check-in and hand in all my paperwork and then tomorrow we have a full day of orientation and logistics and Saturday I am Malawi-bound!
AND great news! My roomie at the hotel for the next two days is Renee from Maryland. And we met up with Ilena for ice cream with her parents. Yes, I enjoyed a dark chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone and I'm savoring my last few hours in the U.S.
I'm really excited especially now that I'm around my group who is equally as psyched! It makes all those tears these past few days seem so silly. Well, not that silly. Still gonna miss you.
yeay I'm your roomie and it's awesome!! :)
ReplyDelete