Sunday, January 01, 2012

Resolving

Hello, 2012!

2011 was very good to me, so you better be ready to live up to its standards. Some say the world is going to end....can you please make sure that doesn't happen? I'm not ready yet - I still have big plans for my village. And can you provide me rain (not chickens) to take care of my garden? Thanks, buddy.

As for my resolutions...

I want to give up biting my nails. Yeah, that one has been going on for the past twenty odd years, but really...I'm sure it is causing me to get worms in the first place. Gross.

Also, I want to run way more than I have been (that hiatus lasted too long).  Running not just to lose that nsima weight, but because this is the only time in my life where I have unlimited time in my life. There's no excuse (besides 100 degree temperatures) why I haven't been running these past three months.

Read Harry Potter. Finally saw the last movie - it's about time I read behind the scenes.

Write more! Letters and journaling -  I have been slacking. Actually come to think of it, hot season has been productively challenged. Come on, I grew up in Florida (the land of air conditioning) - you would think I could handle this a bit better.

Be a badass teacher. 'Nuff said.

Get my gardens growing all over Dwambazi...the seeds have been planted - just need some love and encouragement.

Focus. Sometimes I'm a fruit loop wanting to do everything. Focus, focus, Kathi! AND take advantage of every opportunity.

Spend more time traveling to see friends. They are good for me. Sometimes I forget and soak up my site rat lifestyle with too much gust.

However, allow for fewer visitors. Sometimes they tend to camp out and I don't get to spend time with my village (damn electricity!)

Stay positive, happy and healthy. Done.

Alright, 2012....bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment