Saturday, January 01, 2011

The New Year makes my feet cold

Every day that goes by, I think to myself, wow, that's my last Thanksgiving in the States. It's my last Christmas here and my last New Year's with my family and friends.

My departure is getting closer (obviously, that's how time works) and I'm suffering from cold feet. We're talking frozen. Yes, I want this. Yes, I know it's going to be amazing. I just hate saying good-bye.

Good-bye means we're not going to talk to each other for a long time. Good-bye means I will probably miss you. Good-bye means this is really happening - I'm moving to another country. Moving...not visiting.

So strange how this is hitting me. I've been fortunate enough to have some solid support from people, but I think it's something I have to work out in my head.

Cheers to the New Year! Here's to my last 50 or so days in the U.S.

Good-bye, I'm going to miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kath.

    Hope this warms your feet a bit: your PC packet is a little out of date. Specifically, all volunteers get a cell phone and many volunteers live in places with cell phone service. Incoming calls are free for you!!! Your peeps can call you for 10cents/minute with a Skype Malawi subscription. Texting is cheap, so you send home a text when you can receive and signal and they call you back. Easy.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, you are like a pair of wool socks ;-)

    ReplyDelete