Thursday, October 04, 2012

Hillary Clinton loves Camp GLOW

The United States' Partnership With Africa Hillary Clinton in Daily Trust, Nigeria- September 28, 2012
 

"Last month, I went on a nine-country trip that took me from West Africa, to East Africa and the Horn, to Southern Africa. At every stop, I saw how America is working with our African
partners-governments, the private sector, and civil society-to deliver concrete benefits for people. This work doesn't always draw headlines, and too few Africans and Americans are aware of what we're doing together. So it's worth taking a closer look at what we can accomplish when we build sustainable relationships that empower rather than exploit-that are based on partnership, not patronage. I saw this in action in Malawi, where I visited a girls' camp and saw teachers and U.S. Peace Corps volunteers working together to help young women realize their own potential-learning everything from public speaking to being a role model. This partnership model is what we're trying to foster in our work around the continent, from Senegal to South Sudanto South Africa."

No comments:

Post a Comment