Thursday, October 25, 2012

I feel like $3,571.43!


Part 3

Continued from here (read the first two parts before reading this or else you'll be lost)

 

Tuesday:  Woke up early to more pain.  Peace Corps brought in the doctor from the embassy to run a few tests.  They felt my stomach, where the apparent bulge is on my upper left quadrant.  Tests for allergies were conducted.  Still eating yogurt and naan.  No rice today.  I tried white grape juice – still too sweet.  So far I have lost 8 lbs – all water weight I suppose.  There are whispers I could be sent to South Africa for some more testing, but I disregard all of it.  I miss my village.  I miss eating.  I miss feeling normal – what did that feel like again?  I’m starting to wonder if this is permanent... On the bright side, Mary is playing hangman with my via text.

Wednesday:  Water goes down smooth, just a small blip at the end of my esophagus.  Bread is my friend now too.  Dare I try that bland soup from Sana?  Why, yes I will.  Tolerable!  Oh sweet success, tears in my eyes, not from pain but satisfaction.  Full belly! 

Thursday:  Almost no pain, hurray!  It’s like Doxy never happpened.  Wow it feels so good!  I grabbed my leftover yogurts from the fridge at the lodge, tossed my room keys at the receptionist and skipped to the office.  Check in with the docs – tell ‘em I’m feeling great and then I’m outta here!  Still too soon to eat or drink carbonated beverages, alcohol, spice or flavor but I’m okay with that.  Yeah, I feel like a million kwacha! (roughly $3,571.43 USD)
 

 The End.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment