Monday, April 01, 2013

My Last Awesome VSV Meeting


Day 131

Flawless travel to Lilongwe!  I got into town before lunch and took care of most of my business before the staff could be whisked away by new trainees.  Oh, it feels good to accomplish something!

Day 132

My last Volunteers Supporting Volunteers meeting started today.  It was great meeting the new members and we got a lot done in one day.  The best part was seeing Irene and my friends for maybe the last time before I head back to the States.  I am so proud of how far VSV has come and I am so proud of my cohort and how far we have come together.  It’s amazing what two years does.

Day 133

My amazing friends Katie and Jake got engaged last October and I couldn’t be happier for them.  We threw a surprise engagement party for Katie and Jake and it was a joyous occasion with cocktails, gifts and tasty food.  Katie and Jake are sweet couple and I beam when I think of them together.  And to think it all began in Peace Corps!

No comments:

Post a Comment