Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Oh my, the awesome is slipping by...


Day 145

One of my last meetings with Luso la Manja – so sad!  We talked about my plans of selling bags in the States and we took some great photos.  Beatrice’s daughter was the model for most of my pictures and she was shy at first but then she started workin’ it and I’m so excited to start marketing these amazing bags in the States.  When I returned home, I heard a familiar voice at my front door – Ama Chipalasa is back!  She is visiting for only a few days and she brought with her the kiddos.  They are the most adorable children you’ve ever seen and I miss them every since they moved in December.

Day 146

Mrs. Nkhosi and I have started working on Youth Friendly Health Services together and it has been incredibly rewarding.  So far we have only 20 or so students who show up but we are working on increasing the numbers.  We planned for the upcoming year after I have left and she is really excited to take my place as the leader.  It feels good knowing my work will continue after I leave.

Day 147

Today Cornelius (my Project Coordinator with Peace Corps) came by Dwambazi to tell me that I am being replaced!  I am so excited!  There are a few things my replacement can work on and of course Dwambazi is an amazing village to live in.  I have always felt supported and my role has been understood by everyone.  It would be great if Youth Friendly Health Services continued and maybe turned into camp.  Jembe is also looking for about 40 more pit latrines and the HIV Support Groups are working on gardening projects.  It would be fantastic if the new volunteer could follow up on these as I didn’t get my projects going until late in the game.  Either way, the new PCV is in for a treat – Dwambazi is great!

Day 148

I found the most amazing market find today: jeans! For about $1.25 and they fit like a glove, which is rare for someone of my stature.  So excited for my Euro Trip in my new jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment