This weekend I received a 40% off coupon for Borders. Since my current economic status is nil and my free time activities are limited by a dwindling bank account, I was super psyched for a coupon to a bookstore.
I spent Sunday morning browsing aisles of books. I wanted to make a reasonable decision with my 40% off coupon, so I was searching for books on Africa. A large continent, full of controversy, culture and history, yet I could not find anything that was suitable for my needs. Initially, I was looking for a cookbook and there were absolutely no cookbooks based on any countries in Africa! Then I decided to find some travel books on Africa, but alas! All I could find was safari trips and tourist destinations. I am destined to go someplace a little more campy.
After a few hours, I picked up a trashy romance novel and a bottle of White Zin and checked out.
Actually, I bought a book on guitar chords, so hopefully my hobbies will prove to be successful and perhaps even become lucrative. Ha!
I just wish my knowledge about Africa wasn't so limited to the Internet. I'm old school - I enjoy turning pages.
No comments:
Post a Comment