The greatly anticipated March 1st ended up being February 28th. I spent the entire Sunday thinking "how early is too early" to call my recruiter in the morning. But Chris jumped the gun and called me Sunday night. I did not answer, as I was at the movies with my friend John, but as soon as I looked at my missed calls, I ran out to listen to the greatest voicemail ever.
My status:
I have been nominated for health extension for Sub-Saharan Africa for February 2011. I just have to accept and confirm, and increase my experience with AIDS/HIV.
When I returned, after doing a little jig at the bottom of the stairs to the theater, I high-fived John and bounced joyfully in my seat. And then suddenly I got scared. I told John my fears of machete crime and not knowing what I'm doing. He reassured me with "Katz, you have wanted to do this your whole life. You're tougher than you think. Get over it." I'm pretty sure John just wanted to shut me up during the prevews, but just like that, I did get over it. Well, for the moment, anyway. I still have 11 months to mull that over.
No comments:
Post a Comment