In Malawi, it's quite common for bottlestores (yes, all of them) to blast music at "full volume" through speakers facing the road so everyone knows that they have electricity (cold booze, loud music!), they are open for business and if you can deal with your eardrums shattering, you should come on in! I am providing you with some musical splendors that I get to hear daily. And if you want the real effect, you should play all these songs at once over and over again at full volume - that's what it's like walking through my market. Many songs are from Nigeria, Zambia and Malawi. Here is a mix of songs that I've enjoyed/endured these past two years.
Chop My Money
Sawa Sawa Sawale
Let's do it Again
Love Farmer
Koka Kola
Chop My Money
Sawa Sawa Sawale
Let's do it Again
Love Farmer
Koka Kola
No comments:
Post a Comment